Welcome to the Slow Control sites: www.slowcontrol.com is a Site offered and edited by Slow Control, a simplified stock company (SAS) with 10.000,00 euros in capital, whose registered office is located at 38 IMP LA BATTERIE 97460 SAINT PAUL, registered in the Saint Denis de la Réunion Companies and Trade Registry under number 504 310 962.
Your personal data are protected. The confidentiality of your personal information is essential; we are determined to protect it. Please read the Privacy Rules page for more details.
The following words and expressions beginning with a capital letter will have the following meanings:
- The “Applications”: are the digital contents that Slow Control offers to the User for consultation or download. This software has been developed by Slow Control. These Applications support the Service;
- The “Account”: is a strictly personal space created by the User when registering on the Site, enabling him to access the Service;
- The “Interface”: is a remote display making it possible to utilise all of the Product’s functions;
- The “Smartphone”: is a latest-generation intelligent mobile telephone;
- The “Product”: is the “Body Scale” online object, the “Blood Pressure Monitor” online object or the “Babyphone” online object;
- The “Service Provider” or “Slow Control” or “we/us”: is Slow Control, the company that provides the Service;
- The “Service”: is (i) the platform allowing access to the Product interface via certain Smartphones, or (ii) the platform allowing access to the Product interface via the Site, or (iii) the platform making it possible to obtain software to be integrated into the Product, or (iv) the platform allowing installation of the Product from a computer, or (v) the platform allowing access to the Site;
- The “Site”: is the Web site http://www.slowcontrol.com; and the platform hosted on the domain (URL http://bo.slowcontrol.com/);
- The “User” or “you”: is the person registered on the Site who uses the Service.
These Terms of Service are intended to define the contractual relations between the Service Provider and the User.
Access to the Service
Unless otherwise established, the Services are accessible only to bodies corporate or adult natural persons
To access the Service, the User must create – from the Site – an Account protected by a password. The User undertakes to provide true, accurate and complete information and to update it regularly.
The registered User must thereafter identify himself in order to access the Service.
To be able to utilise the Service, the User must have a computer connected to the Internet, or a Smartphone, also connected to the Internet. These costs are borne exclusively by the User.
Slow Control declines all liability:
- in the event of interruption, bugs or other events rendering the Service unfit for use;
- if the User’s computer or Smartphone operating system is incompatible with the Service;
- and more generally for any direct or indirect damages, whatever their cause or nature, resulting from use of the Service or the Site.
The User is solely responsible for keeping his password confidential and for the actions performed on his Account.
The User must not reveal to anyone information relating to his Account, or use a third party’s Account.
The Service enables the User:
- to access the Product Interface via certain Smartphones;
- to access the Product Interface via the Site;
- to obtain Software to integrate into the Product;
- to obtain software enabling installation of the Product from a computer;
- to access the Site, and, in particular: the showcase, the store, the community spaces, User support, etc.
The User acknowledges that use of the Service or the Products may require the use of other products or hardware or software, and that the User is responsible for that hardware and software.
THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS TO WHICH THE USER WILL have ACCESS:
- MUST BE USED SOLELY FOR PERSONAL, NON-COMMERCIAL PURPOSES;
- MUST NOT BE SUBJECTED TO CASES OF CRITICAL USE. DETERMINATION OF CRITICALITY IS LEFT TO THE SERVICE PROVIDER’S JUDGMENT.
Changes to the Service or the Product
At its convenience and without prior notice, the Service Provider may modify, add or delete functions of the Service or the Product.
The User is responsible for information, messages and in general any content distributed via the community Services, such as the Slow Control forum or blog.
The User accepts that Slow Control may eliminate, in whole or in part, any content that it distributes through the interactive services if this content is likely to infringe current laws or regulations or public decency.
Intellectual Property Rights
All texts, photos, logos, trademarks and other elements reproduced on the Site are reserved and protected by copyright, for the entire world.
The User, or a third party, is prohibited from reproducing, representing, distributing, marketing, modifying, utilising or assigning all or part of any of the elements reproduced on the site without the Service Provider’s prior consent.
Any unlawful use of all or part of the Site may give rise to criminal prosecution.
The User undertakes not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
- attempting to use or access the Service via an Account to which he has no right;
- modifying the software supplied, where appropriate, by the Service Provider in order to access the Service, and not to use modified versions of this software and in general not to access it illegally and if not expressly authorised by the Service Provider;
- using the Service for purposes contrary to any current regulations, and not to infringe third-party rights;
- using the Service so as to cause deterioration, interruption or lower performance or to damage its functioning;
- undertaking actions that may, in the Service Provider’s judgment, cause an unreasonable or disproportionate increase in the load on our infrastructure;
- interfering with the proper functioning of the Service;
- doing reverse-engineering, decompiling, disassembling or attempting to discover the source code of the Applications.
The User expressly acknowledges and accepts that the Service Provider:
- does not guarantee that the Services will function without interruption or error;
- cannot guarantee the complete accuracy of the information made available by the Service.
The User expressly acknowledges and accepts that the Service Provider:
- may temporarily or occasionally interrupt the Service in order to perform maintenance or update operations, without this in any way making the Service Provider liable;
- may in no case be held liable for any damage whatsoever, whether caused directly or indirectly by its services;
- may in no case be held liable for damage to and losses of data suffered by the User. It is therefore up to the User to take all appropriate measures to protect his own data or software from the contamination of his hardware by any viruses circulating on the Internet;
- may in no case be held liable for damages and injury resulting from violation by Users of the rules applying to the community Services (see article 8).
Any dispute resulting from these Terms will fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent French courts.
The confidentiality of your personal information is crucial.
Legal Protection of Personal Data
The collection and processing of Personal Data, carried out on the occasion of browsing the Site or using the Service or Products, are made in accordance with Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on the computers, files and freedom, known as the « Data Protection » law. Slow Control declared to CNIL the processing of personal data (number: 1784427 v 0).
At any time, you have a right to access, modify, rectify and delete data concerning yourself. To exercise this right, simply send your request by mail to the registered address of the Slow Control Society:
59 rue des Petits Champs
Personal Information we collect
When a user interacts with Slow Control through the Services or the Site, Slow Control can collect Data and other information, as detailed below:
Personal Data during registration: Slow Control collects personal data during the creation of an account on the Site. Apart from when buying a product on the Site, the Service does not collect credit card number information or other financial information.
Personal Data using the Service and Products: When using the Service or Products the Provider collects Personal Data. For example, the use of the connected the fork meal data activate the collection and indicators.
By voluntarily providing Personal Data to the Provider, the User agrees to their use in compliance with this document. If the User provides personal data, he agrees that this information may be transferred outside of their country of residence.
Other information: For statistical purposes, Slow Control may be required to collect navigation information through the use of particular cookies. The acceptance of these cookies is compulsory for all account creation. The Service Provider also reserves the right to collect certain information: – Related to the visitor’s computer (IP, ISP, hardware configuration, software configuration, country of origin) for the Service (log and history of all exchanged data log and connection history). It is important to note that no Personal Data is collected or used in this phase.
The use of personal data and other information
Slow Control uses the Personal Data you provide in accordance with these rules of confidentiality. The Service Provider may therefore use Personal Data in the context of this document, including without limitation in the following settings:
- Provision of Service: The Service Provider will use your Personal Data to provide the User access to and use of the Service;
- Survey, contests and events: From time to time, the Provider can offer users the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests and other events. By choosing to participate, the user must provide certain Personal Data Provider;
- Contact about new Products or Services: From time to time, Slow Control can contact the User in order to announce the release of its new products or services;
- Contact about special offers Slow Control: If the User has chosen it at the time of its registration, the Provider may contact the User to submit Slow Control special offers;
- Contact about Slow Control partner offerings: If the user has selected at the time of registration, the provider may contact the User to submit Slow Control partners;
- Improved Service: The Service Provider may use personal data, or even aggregated data, non personal information collected on the use of the Site, to help improve the Service, the Products or the Website;
- Sharing rights given to a third parties at the initiative of the User: As part of services offered, Slow Control allows the optional Personal Data sharing to a third party. This sharing is enabled solely at the User’s initiative and implies acceptance by the User to give an access to its Personal Data by a third party. The use of personal data by a third party is the sole responsibility of the third party and the user. Slow Control decline all liability.
Links to other websites
The personal data collected by Slow Control are protected by physical and logical security measures and are not disclosed to unauthorized persons.